Hundreds of REALTORS® from all around Connecticut will gather together to meet with legislators to share our views on the issues that affect our business at REALTORS at the Capitol on April 6, 2016. ECAR will be well represented.
The 2016 Connecticut Legislative Session will begin next week on February 3. The Connecticut REALTORS® staff will be keeping a close eye on issues affecting real estate.
Our goal is to protect your private property rights.
Here are some of the issues we expect to deal with this year:
- Conveyance taxes and/or other closing costs
- Fix to the Property Condition Form
- Efforts to lower property taxes
- Sprinkler and smoke detector issues
- Energy efficiency and radon reporting mandates
As bills are filed and as we discover real estate issues that are important to you, we will alert you here. Watch for posts by following ECARVoice.