REALTORS® from eastern Connecticut and across the state will be traveling to Hartford on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 to lobby the Senators and Representative on real estate issues. Our goal is to protect the interests of real estate owners and prospective buyers and to improve the business climate for Connecticut REALTORS®’ 15,000+ members.
While hundreds of bills are filed that affect real estate, here are some of the issues currently important to our industry:
- Conveyance taxes and/or other closing costs
- Fix to the Property Condition Form
- Efforts to lower property taxes
- Sprinkler and smoke detector issues
- Energy efficiency and radon reporting mandates
ECAR members can sign up and take the bus from New London or Norwich here.